America's Cup Sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
America's Cup Sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or sit back, relax and enjoy the sail on an America's Cup match racing yacht as you sail Auckland's Waitemata Harbour. Become part of the crew and feel the thrill of yachting at its best. Or just sit back, relax and soak up the atmosphere and stunning habor scenery. You have the choice to join a 2-hour sail on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour, or for the ultimate thrill, join the crew and participate in a 3-hour racing experience.
The America's Cup is the world's oldest and most prestigious sporting trophy and ultimate yachting regatta. Usually the domain of billionaires and elite professional yachties, New Zealand offers you the unique opportunity to participate in sailing on these grand prix racing machines. A once in a lifetime must do attraction experiencing the real Auckland, 'City of Sails'.There are two sailing options available - choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America's Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
- Sail on an authentic america's yacht
- Use of wet weather jackets and sunscreen
- All safety equipment
What isn't included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)