go to content go to search box go to global site navigation

Working and volunteering


Non-French citizens need a residency permit and a work permit to work legally in New Caledonia. There is a lot of paperwork involved in getting these permits. You can inquire through the Bureau des Étrangers in Noumea.

Want to Live & Work in New Caledonia Teaching English? Partner Content

If you’d like to spend more time in New Caledonia than a vacation allows, experiencing what it’s like to live and make a difference to the local community, it’s all possible by Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) with i-to-i TEFL. No previous teaching experience or local language knowledge is necessary. Get your free i-to-i TEFL e-book now to find out more about TEFL, what TEFL jobs are available and how it can get you exploring the globe...

Get your free TEFL e-book and find out how to start a new life in New Caledonia