Damodar Saribung Traverse
- Stunning views of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri ranges
- Trek some of Nepal's most remote valleys and passes including De Hults Pass (6225m)
- Explore a remote region known for its Tibetan culture
- Himalayan Mountain flights Kathmandu/Jomsom
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu - Pashupatinath (a major Hindu shrine) and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath
- 3 hearty meals a day on trek prepared by our cooks
Tour description provided by World Expeditions
Situated to the north of Mustang is a region of Nepal seldom visited by westerners - Damodar is one of the last frontiers close to the Tibetan border, where rugged landscapes and ancient culture merge in a very unique interpretation of lands forgotten by time. On this stunning traverse from Mustang we cross numerous high passes including the De Hults Pass (6225m), and emerge to the Annapurna region. On this trek Tibetan culture thrives in the small villages and monasteries we pass. The highlight is the beautiful landscapes, it is a must for keen photographers who will appreciate the scale and grandeur of the high plateaus and solitude this region has to offer.
- 22 breakfasts, 20 lunches and 19 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Flight kathmandu/pokhara/jomsom valued at us$227
- Restricted area permits valued at us$600
- Expert bilingual guide & medical kit
- Good quality accommodation in kathmandu
- The use of a world expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over us$500)
- Private transportation
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment & porter's insurance
- Site entry fees
- Souvenir world expeditions kit bag
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- Day 1 - Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2 - In Kathmandu, sightseeing
- Day 3 - Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Day 4 - Fly to Jomsom (2713m), trek to Kagbeni (2810m), walk approx. 3hrs.
- Day 5 - Kagbeni to Chele (3030m), walk approx. 6hrs.
- Day 6 - Chele to Geiling (3440m), walk approx. 6-7hrs
- Day 7 - Geiling to Tsarang (3490m), walk approx. 7hrs.
- Day 8 - Rest Day - Tsarang
- Day 9 - Tsarang to Yara (3650m), walk approx. 7-8hrs
- Day 10 - To Luri Gompa (4005m), walk approx. 2-3hrs
- Day 11 - Luri Gompa to Ghuma Thanti (4600m), walk approx. 7-8hrs
- Day 12 - Ghuma Thanti to Parse Khola, walk approx. 4-5 hrs.
- Day 13 - Parse Khola to Lakes of Damodar (4890m), walk approx. 7 hrs
- Day 14 - Damodar Kunda to Base of Japanese Pass (4950m), walk approx. 3-4 hrs
- Day 15 - Japanese Pass to High Camp (5600m), walk approx. 4-5 hrs
- Day 16 - Cross De Hults Pass - High Camp (5600m) to Glacier Camp (5000m), walk approx. 7-8 hrs.
- Day 17 - Descend To Glacier Camp and to Phu, walk approx. 8 hrs
- Day 18 - Rest Day - Phu
- Day 19 - Phugaon (3980m) To Meta (3500m), walk approx. 6 hrs
- Day 20 - Meta (3500m) To Koto (2600m), walk approx. 6 hrs
- Day 21 - Koto (2600m) to Tal (1700m). Walk approx. 7hrs
- Day 22 - To Chamche (1136m), walk approx. 2-3 hrs. Drive to Besisahar (800m, approx. 2-3 hrs) & drive to Kathmandu (approx. 5-6 hrs)
- Day 23 - Trip concludes Kathmandu