- Views of Mount Everest from Thyangboche
- Sherpa Culture
- Namche Bazaar
- Thyangboche Monastery
- Side trip to Khumjung
- Fully supported camping trek
- 3 hearty meals a day on trek prepared by our cooks
- Ample acclimatisation days built in
- Himalayan Mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu - Pashupatinath (a major Hindu shrine) and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath
Tour description provided by World Expeditions
This short trek introduces you to the villages and culture of the Sherpa people. We take time to explore the colourful markets of Namche Bazaar and the famous Thyangboche monastery – the spiritual heart of the Khumbu region. We follow established trails in the Sagamartha National Park to view many of the world's highest peaks including the summit of Everest that peers above the 8000m peaks of Lhotse and Nuptse. We also visit Khunde and Khumjung villages where Sir Edmund Hillary established the regions first hospital and school through the Himalayan Trust.
- 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Flights kathmandu/lukla/kathmandu us$290 approx
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation in kathmandu
- Accommodation in a combination of our comfortable eco lodges and permanent campsites with off the ground camp beds, mattresses and pillows
- The use of a world expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over us$500)
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porters insurance
- Sightseeing in kathmandu
- Site entry fee
- Souvenir world expeditions kit bag
- Day 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu (1330m).
- Day 2 - Fly to Lukla (2800m) Trek to Ghat(2530m). Walk approx 2 hours.
- Day 3 - To Monjo(2850m). Walk approx 4-5 hours.
- Day 4 - To Namche Bazaar (3440m). Walk approx 4-5 hours.
- Day 5 - Rest day Namche Bazaar
- Day 6 - To Deboche (3770m) via Thyangboche. Walk approx 6-7 hours.
- Day 7 - To Namche via Khumjung (3780m). Walk approx 4-5 hours.
- Day 8 - To Monjo (2850m). Walk approx 4 hours.
- Day 9 - To Lukla (2800m). Walk approx 5 hours.
- Day 10 - To Kathmandu by air (1330m).
- Day 11 - In Kathmandu, sightseeing
- Day 12 - Trip concludes Kathmandu.