Taleju Bell

Taleju Bell information

Location
Patan , Nepal
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

South of the Hari Shankar Temple is a huge, ancient bell, hanging between two stout pillars, erected by King Vishnu Malla in 1736. Petitioners could ring the bell to alert the king to their grievances. The huge brass chains attached to the bell look almost as solid as the stone columns that support them. Behind the bell pavilion is a fountain crossed by an ornamental bridge.