Old Magistrates’ Court
Although this leafy park served as a public zoo until 1962, today it functions primarily as a picnic spot and shady retreat for lunching...
The site of the State House was once graced by the residence of the German colonial governor, but that was razed in 1958 and replaced by...
Along Independence Ave are three colonial-era buildings, all designed by the famous architect Willi Sander. The one furthest south was...
This spot, cafe by day, bar by night, features a terrace with the capital’s largest rubber tree. Live music and karaoke features as does...
This sheltered spot beneath a giant rubber tree with outdoor terrace on the edge of Zoo Park is just lovely for a cappuccino accompanied...
Old Magistrates’ Court information
This old courthouse was built in 1898 for Carl Ludwig, the state architect, but it was never used and was eventually drafted into service as the magistrates’ court. Take a look at the verandah on the south side, which provided a shady sitting area for people waiting for their cases to be called. The building has been given new life as the Namibia Conservatorium.