Kaiserliches Bezirksgericht (State House)
This rather stately building was constructed in 1902 to serve as the district magistrates’ court. It was extended in 1905, and again in 1945 when a tower was added. After WWI it was converted into the official holiday home of the territorial administrator. In keeping with that tradition, it’s now the official Swakopmund residence of the president.