Bahnhof (Railway Station)
This architecturally astute gallery features some of the planet’s most incredible crystal formations, including the largest quartz...
Old German School
Swakopmund brims with numerous historic examples of traditional German architecture. The 1912 baroque-style Old German School was the...
German Evangelical Lutheran Church
This neo-baroque church was built in 1906 to accommodate the growing Lutheran congregation of Dr Heinrich Vedde – it still holds regular...
The fine dining at Deutsches Haus takes place in the well organised upmarket, country dining room or the bench seating out the front of...
Bahnhof (Railway Station) information
This ornate railway station, built in 1901 as the terminal for the Kaiserliche Eisenbahn Verwaltung (Imperial Railway Authority), connected Swakopmund to Windhoek. In 1910, when the railway closed down, the building assumed the role as main station for the narrow-gauge mine railway between Swakopmund and Otavi.