Museum of the West Road Military Unit
- Bulgan City
- tel, info: 9996 3472
- admission Tug1000
Lonely Planet review for Museum of the West Road Military Unit
The West Road Military Unit was a key force in freeing Mongolia from White Russian rule in 1921, their history is described in the small Museum of the West Road Military Unit, 2.5km south of Bulgan. The building itself dates from 1668 and was used a shop until being transformed into a military post in 1921. Choibalsan and Khatanbaatar Magsarjav both stayed here during Mongolia's military campaigns of the early 20th century.