- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
- Get to…
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
#1: I'm flying into Cancun in a week. I arrive at 3:30 pm, then have to go through customs, etc. Does anyone know about a bus direct from the airport to Playa del Carmen that would be leaving late afternoon? I'm guessing a taxi would be quite spendy for that distance. I'm hoping to not have to go into Cancun.
#2: I think have the visa situation figured out. As an American, I can get a tourist card on arrival that's valid for 180 days. I'm wondering though, is this multiple-entry? I.e. if I go…
Quick question. Is it better to take a tour of the cenotes in Q.Roo/Yucatan, or to get collectivos and do it ourselves?
Do you get anything special from the tour, besides the guided aspect/ transport?
Are things like snorkels / lifejackets etc at the Cenote? or does a tour company supply those?
Hey everyone; first post in this branch. I may have a week of free time in the capital middle of March. I've yet to ever visit, and finding the dysfunctional TT search function useless with key word searches, so please excuse if these questions have already been asked and answered:
Has anyone used the new Moon guidebook for Mexico City? I normally use/prefer LPs but not looking to haul a bulky book for the country when needing only one section. Guess I could do a couple of LP eBook…
We are going to Mexico and central america
Reading up about Carnaval in Mexico, we are planning to go to Huejotzingo
Since we are looking for a more traditional carnaval and not a party place on the coast.
Since it will be busy, i think it is a good plan to book ahead.
Should we stay in Puebla city, 30 km, and bus to the parades
Stay in Cholula, and bus or taxi to Huejotzingo.
Both have lots of accommodation (Booking.com/AirBNB)
Or try to find something in busy Huejotzingo ?
We normally stay…
We are considering a fourth trip to Tulum next year over the Christmas holidays. With two small kids, we’ve found it to be a pretty perfect vacation destination when we need a break from the frigid winters of the Midwestern U.S. We love the ease of getting there and around (with the kids, this is huge), the plethora of interesting activities (ruins, nature preserves, beaches, cenotes), and the relaxed atmosphere. Last year, we split our time between Valladolid (from which we visited Ek Balam,…
I'm planning a trip to Mexico in August/September (not sure yet), for about 25 days. My big and only concern is how much money is it going to cost. My plan is to travel in Yucatan (prboably in Tulum, Playa de carmen, Valladolid and Isla mujeres), San Cristobal and a few days in Mexico City. I know budget is very subjective, because everyone has their own standarts (guess that's why I found so many different answeres on the interenet abut budget), but since i've traveled once (six months in South…
Hi folks, thank you in advance for any responses, and forgive me if my questions have been covered recently. I'm looking to travel to Tulum in early June, when school is out. I have my two boys, 6 and 10, to take with me. I've been to Tulum several times, but the last time was in 1994. There was only one place on the beach then, the beaches were pretty empty, and you could easily walk or swim into the ruins. Long story short: I know I'm in for a shock, but I think it will be a fun time for the…