- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
- Get to…
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Been Roming around the coast for two weeks with not her few weeks to go
Some comments on local food:
A pepperoni pizza is NOT a pepperoni pizza if it is a cheese pizza with slices of hot dogs on it....even if it costs $20 US in a Nice restaurant
For the first time ever in Mexico , we sat down t a table at a typical sidewalk restaurant in Huatalco and we were told we needed a Reservation! Place is near the ADO bus station.
Have filleted many fish and don't know how anyone can produce a…
Two years ago in puerto Escondido, we found a Friendly unusual dog ...described it on this site then as a short hair with leopard /jaguar spots ad a tail with rings like a raccoon.
We are back in PE and thought if we found the dog we might get it back t US and breed it with my novias German Shepard . If Noah could develop the Labrador-doodle on his ark, we can make a German Leopard!
So far we have talked to locals who have seen the dog on the beach, but we have not seen it again. We did see…
I am in Mexico city at the moment and is planning to climb some volcanoes around. I will start with Tlaloc close to Texcoco, then move to Puebla to go to La Malinche and Sierra Nevada to possibly climb Itza and finally Pico Orizaba.
Anyone would like to join? I plan to leave Mexico DF in a couple of days to Texcoco.
Also, from what I understand, Tlaloc, although is easy to summit, requires some camping. Do you know if I can rent tent and cooking equipment in Texcoco or shall I better…
I've taken the public bus a time or two from the bus terminal to downtown PV (the old section).
But I can't remember the bus number(s). Can anyone help me out?
If I remember correctly, the same buses make a stop along the airport (though I've never done that.)
Can you confirm that?
Thanks for any help
We're travelling in Mexico at the moment and have been told about some amazing places in San Luis Potosi state - however we're backpacking so reliant on public transport. Can anyone give us any tips on how to get to these places, or where we can find more information?
Cave of Swallows (El sotano de las golondrinas)
Half Moon lagoon (laguna media luna)
Time isn't an issue really, but we'll be arriving end January 2015. We'll most likely be coming from San Luis Potosi town and will be…
If you have any suggestions for a place to stay (under $60) with a pool in the colonial town of Guadalajara, I would love to hear about it. I like places that have character and typical from the town.
Also, any interesting places in Guadalaja that you have been to or seen that you would highly recommend (food, sightseeing, leisure.....)?