Palacio de Justicia
Templo de Santa María de Gracia
Six blocks east of the Templo Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes is the fairly unremarkable Templo de Santa María de Gracia, which served as...
Construction on the noble neoclassical Teatro Degollado, home of the Guadalajara Philharmonic, was begun in 1856 and completed 30 years...
On the north side of the Plaza de la Liberación, next to the Museo Regional, is the Palacio Legislativo. Distinguished by thick stone...
La Fuente, set in the old Edison boiler room, is an institution and a perfect example of what a proper Mexican cantina is supposed to be...
Palacio de Justicia information
Across the street from the Palacio Legislativo, to the east is the Palacio de Justicia. It was built in 1588 and began life as Guadalajara's first nunnery. Duck inside to the interior stairwell and check out the 1965 mural by Guillermo Chávez depicting legendary Mexican lawmakers, including Benito Juárez.