- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Anyone have a preference...or helpful warning?
Researching now, and with just a handful to choose from in Tulum, thought I'd learn from the experiences of others... Sounds amazing, in the right hands.
I live in San Diego, and like to walk over to TJ occasionally for tacos and shopping. This used to be effortless, but now Mexico has decided they want to pretend they're a real country, so they created a full-scale entry facility. No big deal, really, one simply shows passport, and waits for the agent to fill out a visa form. The problem, though, is when they stamp my passport; I don't see why my passport has to be destroyed by page after page of TJ stamps!
My question is: Are the border…
Boyfriend and I will be flying into DF late on 2/12 and will have 9 full days in Mexico. The plan is to spend 4-5 days in Mexico City (Teotihuacan, museums, food bars & wandering in the different interesting neighborhoods, maaaybe Six Flags because we love amusement parks and there's a foot of snow on the ground where we live right now), then head to Oaxaca for the other 4-5 days by bus. We don't have any specific plans for the Oaxaca part and will definitely spend some time poking around Oaxaca…
Hi, has anyone visited carnaval in Yautepec? I went to Tepoztlan this weekend (Saturday afternoon the kids danced, and Sunday afternoon the procession to the zocalo began a little before 4 p.m., Chinelo dancing in the zocalo started some time after 4 p.m. , for anyone interested) and I was wondering if Yautepec was worthwhile or similar. Also, is it possible to take a bus directly from Yautepec to Las Estacas? This forum has been really helpful for finding out about festivals (Candelaria in…
Going to try this with a different slant.
I brought an inexpensive Canon printer with me from Canada but it turns out it's a model that isn't supported in Mexico. It's one of those simple things I never even considered. I'm here for a couple of months and I need a printer for work but I've run out of black ink and my colour will be getting low pretty quick but no one here stocks the replacement cartridges.
If you're willing to bring down two replacement cartridges (black and colour) I'll pay you…
Apparently, Queretaro has more than one bus terminal; is one nearer the central part than the other?
I seem to recall reading that Guadalajara also has more than one; which is better situated for getting to Centro, then later, is that the same terminal for travel to Puerto Vallarta?
In November we will rent a house in SMdeA for 3 wks.
I would like to hear from anyone about other near-by
interesting towns/villages/markets/ruins to visit for the day.
As most older couples, we enjoy anything and everything, mainly
walking in city plazas and admiring old architecture.
Is traveling by bus available and convenient near SMdeA area.
Thank you for any suggestions.