- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Hi- I will be travelling to Mexico for 1 week in August and was wondering if anyone can suggest me a 1 week itinerary for Mexico. My interests are as follows:
1. Historical ruins like Chichen Itza
4. Tequila distilleries
Hi all! First of all thanks so much for your wonderful contributions. They’ve been so helpful in the planning process.
My partner and I arrive at the Mexico City airport tomorrow night at 11pm and will return home from the same airport (Mexico City) early morning, Sunday, July 2nd. We’ve got a solid seven days. I was hoping you could further support our planning process by some even more specific insight.
About Us/Our Interests
We plan to explore some of Central Mexico. Below is a list…
I have a few questions I am hoping those that have visited Guadalajara recently can assist me with.
1 - Is there are particular part of the city that is more known for its bars and restaurants? Are there particular neighborhoods that have a higher concentration of bars and restaurants that people would recommend?
- Has anyone recently organized a tour of the Tequila distilleries with a private guide in Guadalajara? How accessible are the less commercial tequila distilleries? ie can you stop…
Hi there, does anybody know how to get to Oaxaca City from Mexico City right now aside from taking the plane (which amounts to about 200$ right)?
I understood the ADO buses from Mexico City to Oaxaca used to be around 30$, but because of the protests and the highway blockade it seems the ADO buses don't go and I think other buses from Mexico City neither (but not sure about this). I'm trying to get there by the weekend, so any suggestions/tips/help would be really appreciated.
We (parents & 12 year old daughter) have about 8 days planned for Oaxaca City & surrounds in late Dec / early Jan. Now I'm thinking it might be good to have a Plan B up our sleeves in case current upheavals persist... Any thoughts on worthy alternatives to consider?
To give you an idea of our interests, we are attracted to Oaxaca City for the colonial core & food, but significantly because it lends itself to hub & spoke travel with lots of opportunities for active day trips that would suit…
Protests and day of the dead aside.
When is the best time to visit Oaxaca this winter?
It seems that tickets are cheaper if you by them early.
When would a person expect the best weather?
Watching teachers camp at the Zocolo.
Has anyone reading this forum ever stayed there?
Any recommendations: lodging, food? Whether it's worthwhile?
I am interested in visiting, but would it simply be better to stay in the Guadalajara area and take a taxi or the Tequila train?
Also, any recommendations on what to see in the Tequila area in general? What are some good tequila haciendas to visit?
Thanks for any insights.