- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
We have now realised that our previous trip I asked questions about has too many flights so now this is the idea and we really appreciate any feedback.
Fly into Mexico City and spend 2 nights then drive through Tlaxcala and overnight at Cantona.
Drive to Puebla and 1 night there . We would like to stay somewhere else between Puebla and Oaxaca but haven't decided where yet. We will stay on Oaxaca for 3 nights and visit Herve el Agua ( early in the morn) also Mitla and Yagul. We are then…
Can anyone recommend a great car rental agency in Puebla? In addition, were you able to drop it off at another location in Mexico? Roughly speaking, what did you pay per day?
Looking for a quiet "retreat" like setting somewhere in the state of Veracruz to kick back for a few days and spend time taking walks through the hills and greenery away from the typical hustle and bustle of some Mexican towns. I have read about some of the pueblos magicos and they seem special, especially the ones that have a stronger indigenous presence, can anyone recommend one of them and especially if there was a lovely guesthouse or converted hacienda that accommodates…
I would like to do some hiking in Sierra Norte. I'm a pretty experienced hiker (I do a lot of day and overnight hikes in the Canadian Rockies, etc.). However, as I will be travelling alone (and don't necessarily have the best sense of direction), I'm wondering if I should hire a guide to hike in Sierra Norte? Is it a safe area? Are the trails well marked?
Does anyone have any local guide recommendations?
Hi! What are your recommendations for nice beach camping on the beach in the Tulum zona hotelera? We have our own tent, but would like a place that is clean, quiet at night, has some shade for the tent, has clean bathrooms, and is safe (safe to leave our tent and gear unattended during the day and night, and hopefully a place to lock up our passports and money.)Since camping is usually inexpensive, we are glad to spend a few extra pesos for the right place. We would like to be able to walk to…
Next month we will take a first class bus from Queretaro to Xilitla. It looks like the only first class bus leaving Xilitla for Queretaro leaves at 3:00 p. m. and arrives in Queretaro at 8:30 p. m. We would like to arrive in Queretaro earlier, around 4-5 p. m. My questions are, how often do second class buses run from Xilitla to Jalpan; and how often do second class buses run from Jalpan to Queretaro? Does anyone know approximately the total number of hours this would take?
Next month I'm planning a trip to Mexico, and Taxco is on my list right after Mexico City. Then I want to go south to Oaxaca. I last visited Oaxaca in 1998. The question is about the transport. Can I take bus from Taxco maybe to Cuernavaca or Puebla and switch to an Oaxaca bound bus there? Surely I won't need to go all the way back into the Distrito Federal?