- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
We need some help for our trip... So we need to book somewhere for Christmas and New Year (different places for each).... Looking for something in-between Tabasco and Acapulco/Mexico city... Obviously cheap, good atmosphere and great beach would be best!! Any suggestions would be great especially off the tourist routes. Thanks in advance
I have been looking here and on the Internet for evidence that there are buses that go from Zacatlan to Pahuatlan. Can someone verify if they run? Is there a better town to go from to Pahuatlan? thank you.
I'm throwing this question out to those of you who travel either with a guide book or use one for planning prior to leaving. For specific cities (not country or continent guides), what do you not like about current guide books? Is there any info you wish they included or think it's a waste of space that they do include? Most important: I would like to get an idea of what percentage of you use technology on the road - your cell phone and/or internet/wi-fi if you have a smart phone. Do you…
Crazy but not That crazy, perhaps. My man is about to be deported from the USA back to Mexico. This is his 4th or 5th deportation, he is from Colima.
Long story short, we are in love , i know right?, and he wants me to get a visa to come to Colima and wants us to be married there. Then he thinks we will return to the US- married , and he will not have a problem being allowed back into my country. True? I really dont think that is going to go smoothly.
But even if i dont travel to Colima with…
I swear I have already read much of the forum, but I always prefer your valuable suggestions updated. After multiple travels to Asia (some a bit disappointing), I want to try Latin America again. Two years ago I visited Colombia and I had a great time. i am lloking for something simlar, but I am afraid of Mexico can be much more crowded with springbreaker style tourists and foreign families (not loved neighbors in my holidays).
My ideas fo Mexico.
January 10th to February 29th…
My 16 yr old son is traveling with a group to the Yucatan later this month. He'll be there for 2 wks. Their itinerary includes a little of everything (spending time in cities like Morida, cenote swimming, hiking in the jungle, visiting ruins & a monkey preserve, and more). They will also be doing volunteer work in a small rural village. I have never had a chance to leave the US, and am definitely not familiar with these types of outdoor activities. Can anyone please help in advising what…
As the title suggests, I was hoping to get some opinions on the current safety situation in Acapulco. I'm going there in a few weeks for an assignment (so the destination is non-negotiable), and so far I've heard everything from it's a "war zone" to general common sense is all I'll need to stay safe. I would love to get some level-headed perspectives from anyone who has traveled there recently. Thanks in advance!