- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Going to try this with a different slant.
I brought an inexpensive Canon printer with me from Canada but it turns out it's a model that isn't supported in Mexico. It's one of those simple things I never even considered. I'm here for a couple of months and I need a printer for work but I've run out of black ink and my colour will be getting low pretty quick but no one here stocks the replacement cartridges.
If you're willing to bring down two replacement cartridges (black and colour) I'll pay you…
Apparently, Queretaro has more than one bus terminal; is one nearer the central part than the other?
I seem to recall reading that Guadalajara also has more than one; which is better situated for getting to Centro, then later, is that the same terminal for travel to Puerto Vallarta?
In November we will rent a house in SMdeA for 3 wks.
I would like to hear from anyone about other near-by
interesting towns/villages/markets/ruins to visit for the day.
As most older couples, we enjoy anything and everything, mainly
walking in city plazas and admiring old architecture.
Is traveling by bus available and convenient near SMdeA area.
Thank you for any suggestions.
This is for anyone coming down to Manzanillo or Barra de Navidad in the next few days.
I have a favour to ask. I'm here in Manzanillo and I brought a Canon printer with me from Canada but it turns out it's a model that isn't supported in Mexico. It's one of those simple things I never even considered. I'm here for a couple of months and I need a printer for work but I've run out of black ink and no one here stocks the replacement cartridge. If you're from Canada and coming to Manzanillo in…
This is a brief report about my visit to the town of Santa Maria Tlahuitoltepec (or Tlahui for short) in the Mixe region of Oaxaca, and my hike up the sacred mountain of Cerro Cempoaltepetl. Part of a continuing series of ¨off the beaten track¨ adventures in search of the ¨real¨ Mexico.
I took a colectivo taxi direct to Tlahui from Oaxaca, enroute time on a holiday morning was about two hours, cost was 90 MXN. I had planned to take a colectivo van (or combi, or camioneta, as you wish), but in…
Since you here on TT helped some with this trip, I thought I’d write some sort of trip report, in hopes my experience inspires someone else who likes whales.
I give some contact details (at the end) for one location to interact with gray whales, Puerto Adolfo Lopez Mateos.
Among the highlights:
I spent a lot of time playing with a friendly whale named Olivia and her baby.
I saw a newly born baby, whose tail had not yet straightened out from the birth.
I got some amazing video and photos to…