- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I see no recent information on this, so appreciate any recent info. We want to visit Coba from Valladolid. I read that there are 2nd class buses or colectivos that go that way -- no 1st class buses. How frequent are they? We'd like to get there early. Also, would it be ok to have luggage with us on these buses/colectivos? We'll be carrying our luggage (we plan to go to Tulum after visiting Coba). We won't have a lot of luggage, just a couple of large backpacks each (two of us).
I see a few older posts, but little recent info, so I figured I'd ask if anyone has more recent experiences and info. Will be going to Xpujil to visit Calakmul. Is the taxi situation still 900 MXN for the taxi and then an additional 900 MXN for the shuttle from the entrance to the ruins? Any recent developments for easier/cheaper travel options? Seems like most of the cheaper options consist of people hitchhiking and waiting for a ride... If taking a taxi, would it make sense to have the…
Thanks for any thoughts on the following, or links to another thread (I didn't find any recent info to help) -
We are trying to send a few items to someone living in Mexico who we will be visiting next year. I am unsure what can and cannot be sent (ban on sending shoes?) and what value should be listed on the custom form for the best chance of delivery and them not paying fees on receipt. Would like send 1 sandals, some fabric bags, and magazines. At this point, planning to use a usps…
Hi, I'm thinking to go for a week or 10 days in November. In the past when I've travelled to places I've always just got a flight and found own place to stay... bit hit and miss.
My friends say Mexico has good package deals with flight from Canada + food and drink and accommodation.
I'm a bit of an adventure travel snob and kind of thumb my nose at the idea. But not so sure now as a week not long and it would be nice to just arrive, straight to hotel, theres no time zone change from Vancouver…
I am planning to drive from Mexico City to Cancun in December. Looking for a driving mate. I am a 60 years old male. The idea is to stop by the points of interest o the maya route.
We have now realised that our previous trip I asked questions about has too many flights so now this is the idea and we really appreciate any feedback.
Fly into Mexico City and spend 2 nights then drive through Tlaxcala and overnight at Cantona.
Drive to Puebla and 1 night there . We would like to stay somewhere else between Puebla and Oaxaca but haven't decided where yet. We will stay on Oaxaca for 3 nights and visit Herve el Agua ( early in the morn) also Mitla and Yagul. We are then…
Can anyone recommend a great car rental agency in Puebla? In addition, were you able to drop it off at another location in Mexico? Roughly speaking, what did you pay per day?