- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Long story short 3 of us(mid 20s) have 3 days before we have to pick up the rest of our group from Cancun and help them get to Playa del Carmen where we will spend a week. We will have 2 full days possibly 3 if we decide not to spend a night in Cancun. We don't really want to sit around Cancun for the few days so we are looking for a different town to chill in for those days. I have looked at Tulum and Puerto Morelos a little bit but looking for any advice on what to do. We aren't trying to…
We are an older couple and rented a car thru a major agency and purchased the extra insurance.we purchased this not from thrifty but thru a booking agency agent.Contrary to all the postings the pickup was easy at cancun.I did notice arguements at the counter with folks who did not research the insurance situation...insurance at the counter is very expensive but there are heaps web info about mandatory insurance...read them.They will take an imprint of your credit card to cover the excess..all…
Please help with trip plan.
I have 2 weeks . I would like to travel Mexico and Guatemala. Plan to land in Cancun, rent a car. Mexico plan: Valladolid, senotes, Palenque, San Crystobal. Then drop the car at San Crystobal and cross the border to Guatemala. Guatemala plan: Antiqua-Attitlan lake, Semuc champey,. We give up of Tikal . Instead we cross the border back to Mexico-Cancun area. Stay there a couple of days and take off.
1. Is it a possible plan?
2. Please suggest…
Hello!! I would LOVE some help and advice, I'm trying to plan my first backpacking trip through Southern Mexico/the Yucatan, mostly around the gringo trail (I'm sorry, I know this topic has been discussed but I'm struggling to wrap my head around all the info). I am also hoping to stay for longer, maybe a week or 2, in one city, potentially volunteering at a hostel. Overall I would be in the country 3-4 weeks.
My ideal itinerary would include Mexico City, Oaxaca, San Cristobal, Palenque... and…
I will be travelling for some two weeks across Baja California (mainly Sur, up to Guerrero Negro). Do I need to book accommodation in advance or will I get the chance to extemporise when I'm there and I will know my exact itinerary?
Thanks for your help
My friend wants to get a motorcycle license in Mexico City, does anyone have any suggestions of a good and trustworthy place to get this, and how much should it cost approximately?