- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I've never been to Mexico (except a day-trip from San Diego to Tijuana), and I'm thinking of looking for a getaway during the week between Christmas and New Years, when my company closes up for the week.
I don't know if what I'm looking for exists, but I suspect if it does, someone on this forum will know about it. And it doesn't have to check all the boxes, but the more of the following it fits, the better.
Not a resort
Not a tourist mecca (It doesn't have to be undiscovered, but I don't want…
Am after some more info...
So I'm getting the shuttle from Lake Atitlan/Guatemala to San Cristobal on Friday and then flying from Tuxtla Gutierrez to DF.
How easy is it to get from San Cristobal to Tutxla airport, and would it make sense to get off the shuttle before I hit San Cristobal centre to pick up transport to the airport? Also, if I want to buy an ADO bus ticket (DF to Tapachula) can I do this in San Cristobal or, even better, in Tuxtla airport?
I need some input to help me decide where my daughter and I should spend our last 4 nights on our Yucatan trip. We will not be renting a car.
Maybe you can confirm or correct some assumptions I have made?
If we go to Tulum we'd stay at Las Palmas Mayas. Its important for me to have a simple kitchen available for small meals to same a few $$. We like to prepare 2 meals and eat out just one a day. But Tulum is really packed, right? And lots of "beautiful" people? I only bring a few changes…
My boyfriend and I are planning a six week trip to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize for six weeks over July and August. I have been doing some research and have come up with this rough itinerary. It would be great to know from people if you think this is too challenging for the time we have. Thanks!
DAY 1 (MONDAY 17TH JULY): Arrive at Cancun Airport. TULUM
DAY 2 (TUESDAY 18TH JULY): TULUM
DAY 3 (WEDNESDAY 19TH JULY): TULUM
DAY 4 (THURSDAY 20TH JULY): TULUM
DAY 5 (FRIDAY 21ST JULY): COZUMEL
Hi, I have heard that Guia Roji has the best road atlas, but ck'd online and it is $150 Cdn!!! Any other good road maps of Mexico out there that dont kill the budget? It was suggested to me to take Hwy 127 from Tampico instead of 180 then meet up with 180 down by Tihuatlan. Have Maps.me and gmaps think that will be enough? Have great directions for 180, but heard it is rough from Tampico?
We leave Flores, Guatemala and need to get to Pto Vallarta. It doesn't look like there's any flights from Flores into Mexico, just back to the capital.
There's a shuttle from Flores to Palenque (but not to San Cristobal DLC) and then we can take the ADO to DF...but ADO does not go to either Guadalajara or to Pto Vallarta...so I have to switch bus lines.
Any shuttles from Flores to SCDLC?
I take the ADO to DF, but what line from there to Guadalajara or Pto Vallarta?
Many thanks in…
I was recently denied entry into Mexico at Mexico City airport owing to a minor drug charge I incurred as a foolish student in 2006. While having a criminal record certainly hasn't prevented me from finding a good job here in the US, it does seem to be thwarting my travel plans.
Do Mexican border posts along the Guatemala frontier have access to the same information that immigration at Mexico City airport does? Could I conceivably fly into Guatemala City, hang around the country…