- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Hello experienced travelers. I'm working on a Jan-Feb monarch butterfly trip. Excellent airfare to DF airport. I'm thinking first 2 nights in Toluca to rest from travel, see the highlights, rent a car and continue with sightseeing itinerary. I'm learning there is a subway system from the airport with various routes which go to different bus stations that I would then board the right bus to Toluca. Could someone please educate me: is getting to the subway walkable from within the airport…
My partner and I are from Australia and booked a two week trip to Mexico, underestimating the size of the country, the many amazing places to visit and the experiences to be had! So this trip is only a for taste of Mexico but would love to see as much as possible. I know we would not have a good opportunity to really experience the culture though due to time constraints which is a shame.
We usually enjoying travelling on the go, we are young and are not afraid to jam some places in if we…
My partner and I are planning a 7-10 day trip to Mexico around Christmas and are looking at three options: Queretaro (2 days); Sierra Gorda (3 days); San Miguel (2 days), Guanajato (2 days); or Mexico City (2-3 days), Cuerneava and around (3 days); Puebla (2 days); or Merida and the Yucatan (haven't quite put this itinerary together yet). We like culture, history, and outdoor activities and use a combination of private (rental car) and public (bus) transport to get around.
Hello fellow explorers! My boyfriend and I have 4 full days to spend in Tulum/somewhere along the Yucatan coast. Hoping to get some tips about where to stay and what to do . Things we love: anything water related - swimming, snorkeling, boating, cenotes, waterfalls etc; hikes with scenery and wildlife; experiencing and learning about local culture.
Here are my top questions:
1. Do you recommend Tulum? Or would another destination be better? We of course expect there to be plenty of tourists…
I'm travelling across Mexico for a couple of weeks in January, and want to book the coaches in advance.
Does anyone have a recommendation of where you can buy coach tickets online using a UK bank card? I've tried quite a few sites, and they don't allow payment for non-mexico or US bank cards.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I am traveling to Santiago, Chile in December. The cheapest flights I can find route me on AeroMexico from Houston (IAH)-Mexico City then Mexico City-Santiago. There is a 2hr 45min connection time in Mexico City. My question is whether I will have to go through customs while transiting through Mexico City, or if there is a separate international transit hall for passengers connecting from one international flight to another. If I have to go through Mexican customs, I am worried I may not…
I have an important question regarding getting to Oaxaca. A few weeks ago a conflict between police and teachers has partially blocked the access to the state.
Now I have diverging opinions: some people tell me not to go, others say there are no problem and a friend told me you can only go by car if you pay to the teachers that are taking over the highway.
Anyone went there by road in the past week or so?
Hi, I'm trying to work out an itinerary flying into Merida and out of Cancun. I have no interest in staying in Cancun, but the flight leaving there instead of Merida was $250 cheaper. Would it be better to do a one way car rental or take the bus? There will be 4 or 5 of us traveling together. We will already have a car rental for the duration of the trip. It's about $150 extra to do the one way rental.
We would get a 1PM flight from Cancun. We could get a 6:50PM flight but then it's a…