- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I expect to get a big NO about my subject......however always worth a try....got to have my buddy for a three month stay..dec. Jan. Feb...this coming winter.....or is there a kennel in playa that he could stay at? Thanks
Just some up to date information from Mexico:
Took the ADO platino bus Mexico City to Oaxaca. Super comfortable, maybe the best bus I've ever been on. Limited traffic getting out of the city but once out the road is nice, and near the Oaxaca/Puebla state borders stunningly beautiful. One police check in that area, they only looked at the bags under the bus, never came on board. Weirdly this was the first bus in latin america I'd been on that the ac was not set to max. I had a light sweat…
I really need to improve my Spanish before I go apply for my visa to live in Spain. I know that Mexico and Central America are filled with affordable Spanish language schools. I am hoping for some personal recommendations for these in Mexico.
Since I will want to travel and explore on the weekends and before/after the program, I am hoping to find somewhere where I'd really like to visit as well. I am leaning towards either Chiapas or Oaxaca, but I am open to suggestions. I might even…
My fiance and I are looking at going to Mexico in December/January for our honeymoon. I don't know of many people travelling to Mexico from South Africa and therefore haven't been able to get any advice.
We were thinking of definitely going to Cabo San Lucas, but are not sure whether to only go to one place or travel somewhere else in Mexico too. Would any recommend going to see more places other than Cabo San Lucas, and if so, where would you recommend?
We love the "beach resort"…
Warning – Risk of being overcharged: Do not stay at this accommodation. My husband and son stayed at the Mansion Tarahumara in December 2016 and the hotel billed us twice for the visit. They indicated that this would be refunded and despite further communication since we returned to Australia they have not refunded the money. (approximately AUD$450)
There are other accommodation options in this area – do not choose the Mansion Tarahumara.
HI guys :)
In the end of september me and my two dogs are coming co Cancun to start our big Centrl and South America trip. I would like to buy a van and arrange it by myself to live in. We want to make long hiking and bike trips also.
Im reading about buying car in Mexico as a foreigner/tourist and it looks like its very difficult to registrate a car (or imposible) and I can have problems to cross the borders even in Central America. BUt its not my main question. I want to take a ferry/container…
I've been lurking and researching our trip for a little while now and I think I have a good itinerary set.
We (me,missus,11&7) are treating ourselves to a three week summer break this year. I figured I'm not going long haul without reward! We have done a fair bit of short haul with the kids over the last few (11) years and love to travel - mixing everything from 10 days in Tenerife to a fortnight at Siwa (an oasis 10hrs from Cairo). Most recently we did two weeks in Morocco (Taghazout…