- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
My partner and I (middle of 20's) are planning to take a 2-week vacation in Mexico and explore the Yucatan. We are looking for a good mix between ruins, cenotes, beach and would like to explore the Mexican culture.
We are struggeling to decide how many nights we should put in Playa del Carmen and Tulum and if it is worth all the way up to visit Merida? (We will in this case be there Christmas time)
Our plan so far is to arrive in Cancun airport and head directly to Playa del Carmen. The last…
I'd love to hear your recommendations about Puerto Morelos. How is the beach? Is snorkeling from shore good or is it worth hiring a boat/tour? Recommendations for accommodations at US$50 per night? Good restaurants?
I want mobile internet access while traveling in Mexico (Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido 16 days). My cell phone is locked (unlocking will cost $50) so I suspect using a sim card won't be the cheapest option. Roaming in Mexico through my service provider will cost me $50 for 300mg of data or $10 per day for unlimited data.
Can anyone one tell me if I can just buy or rent a portable WiFi modem from TelCel and how much it would cost.
Options that come up in searches seem…
Does anyone know what time the Cuetzalan market closes on Sunday? Is it only 1x per week on Sundays or is it on other days too? How does it compare to other well known market days around Mexico in which a variety of local indigenous people are trading in their traditional huipiles etc.? We will be arriving from Puebla likely around 1-2pm on Sunday but are concerned we might miss it.
Any advice or first hand experiences well appreciated!
Hi everybody.....does anybody know if there are any boxercise/boxing classes here in Cancun Centro?
Small local gyms won't have a website, probably, so a traditional google search is not helping much.
Anyone, please? Going crazy without my usual exercise routine (and eating delicious quesadillas non-stop).
I have got a job in Tulum, and I need to find some contacts to help me for a room or small studio there. But this searching is more difficult than I was expected.
Any of you as some contacts/friends that could help me in this?
Period: mid nov untill end of january
I am looking for a different place than an hostel, because with all the stuff I need to bring with me would be safer and comfortable.
Hello, we want to spend 2 days in Ruta Puuc and then I believe from there it is a stunning drive to Campeche - this then got me going on thinking of hiring a car: oh my goodness, the prices - about US$50 + per day, it seems (more than double what one pays in Europe). Any thoughts/ advice on hiring a car in Merida, etc to do this tour would be appreciated.
Otherwise suggestions on how to do it otherwise?