- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
So a friend of mine and I are going to Mexico City and will have 8 days where we can travel away from the city. This is our tentative plan - we plan on flying on flying to Oaxaca and the Yucatan, and back to Mexico. We're finalizing what we'll do more specifically, but what do you guys think so far?
Saturday, 5th November: Mexico City
Sunday, 6th November: Xochicalo (Day Trip)
Monday, 7th November: Mexico City
Tuesday, 8th November: Teotihuacán (Day Trip)
Wednesday, 9th November: Mexico City /…
I'm planning to travel from Palenque to Flores in Guatemala in about 10 days. Everything I've found online says that it is easy to organise but I met someone who was there a few weeks ago and they said that although lots of places had signs advertising it, none of them were actually going. Does anyone know if this is the case and of there is an alternative?
This february I will be travelling in Mexico for 5 weeks. After doing some research, there are three regions that I would really like to visit: Central Mexico, Northern Mexico (Copper canyons) and Oaxaca and Chiapas. I realize that this is too much to see in five weeks. Since I will be travelling to Guatemala afterwards, Oaxaca and Chiapas are kind of a must to go to. I find it difficult to choose between the north and the center of Mexico. I will enter Mexico in Mexico-City. I am 23…
Hey, I have two questions about a Mexico trip I'm planning for early Feb.
I have about 11-12 days and want to combine an interesting town/smaller city with a beautiful beach (with good swimming, and ideally near a beach town). (I'll be travelling solo, am in mid-30s, can spend mid-range budget. Like to intermingle with locals where possible, may try to take a Spanosh course while there, and enjoy a combo of nature +culture).
I'm torn between Merida + beach on QR/Yucatan vs Oaxaca + cool Pacific…
Arriving by cruise ship and only have ~6 hours but we want to have a tranquil beach day without being harassed on the beach by vendors when we go to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. Recommendations for a beach to go to? Open to taking a boat excursion to get there. Thanks!
Got a call from Interjet overnight. Their Mex City - Palenque flights have been reinstated, so no longer have to fly / bus via Villahermosa. They offered my original flights back after being forced to change. I've taken up the offer but on a different day from my original flight at no extra cost.
In spite of being mucked about by the on-again / off-again flights, the communications & customer service has been very good.
I see no recent information on this, so appreciate any recent info. We want to visit Coba from Valladolid. I read that there are 2nd class buses or colectivos that go that way -- no 1st class buses. How frequent are they? We'd like to get there early. Also, would it be ok to have luggage with us on these buses/colectivos? We'll be carrying our luggage (we plan to go to Tulum after visiting Coba). We won't have a lot of luggage, just a couple of large backpacks each (two of us).