- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
- Get to…
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
We have been in Tonalá, which I didn't especially like, but it was for only for an overnight stay prior to flying out.
Our knowledge of Tlaquepaque is limited to the bus station.
Recent discussions here about where to stay in Guadalajara mention the Hotel Morales, which appears to have a lot of romantic…
I have found a good deal of information about the Pueblos Mancomunados on the forum, but much of it is fairly old, so I figured an update might not be a bad idea. I wanted to know if there is a good way to access the region without using an official tour. Any good advice or updates on inexpensive places to stay/good hikes/local guides I can contract? I am planning to spend 3-5 days in the area, and hope to spend as much time outside as possible (especially looking for birds, views, and…
I'm as always carrying cash as we'll only be here a month. Best exchange I received so far was 14.05 per US dollar in Huatalco.
Novia is using ATMs. Her best rate was 14.34 at ATM in ADO station in PE; worst rate was 13.20 also in PE.
Canadians are not happy with rates they are getting!
I have 3 weeks to get from DF to Managua and want to see Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido and Lake Atitlan along the way. Is this possible? Any recommendations for routes and affordable travel are appreciated. Since time is limited, flying might be my best option. As a solo female, the safest route/experience is my main priority. Thanks!
Myself and my girlfriend are heading to mexico/belize for four weeks in april. We have our plan pretty much set but are struggling for the first part of it.
we arrive into cancun on the 29th march and are trying to find somewhere to chill out for a few days before we head off. we don't want to stay in cancun or playa del carmen. we want a back packer type place, nice beach, some nice bars and restaurants near by and not too expensive accom. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.…