- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Can someone tell me the approximate time to drive from Puerta Calakmul hotel (turnoff to Calakmul) to Uxmal?. (We don't drive very fast)
Also the best route
Hi. I'm in Atitlan and heading up to Mexico for a few weeks. Thought I'd start by basing myself in San Cristobal. Can someone suggest a well-located, quiet hotel in the $30-40/night range - something that is the opposite of a party hostel. Much appreciated.
I'm an experienced traveler who spent 3 years backpacking. And Mexico City is one of my favorite places that I return to frequently. When I would travel, I used to plop down in a city for a month, get to know people and make friends who would slowly show me around.
But now I no longer have a month. And I realized that I do like to meet people and have an interaction. How much would it cost to hire a tour guide for a day just to show you around hipster venues or slightly less…
I am from Belgium and I will arrive in Cancun begin of April.
I only booked a single flight, cause I want to travel all the way down to Panama (or further) as a backpacker. When I'm tired of traveling, I will book a return flight from the country I am in at that moment.
Now I read that I need a return ticket when I arrive in Mexico. And that if you don't have return ticket, you will be sent back home.
So, I need to proof that I will be leaving Mexico in time (returning back to…
I'm going to have a little over a week in Mexico this August, I'm flying into Mexico City and would like to do one other city/town but can't decide which. I've looked at Oaxaca, Vera Cruz, Cancun, and Huatulco but I've read good and bad about every place so I was just wondering if anyone here had any recommendations on places they've been!? I'm also open to other city suggestions, it just has to be somewhere with an airport bc I'm a little short on time and have read that buses might…
Is anyone familiar and could point me to where to find airlines participating in this SAE (Sistema de Autorización Electrónica) scheme, if possible? It is relevant for Russian, Ukrainian, and Turkish citizens and allows for them to get an e-visa if they arrive in Mexico via airlines that participate in the scheme. "SAE" stands for a lot of things even when I search for it with a few airline names and I can find "Sistema de Autorización Electrónica" but not what airlines participate in it. This…
We planning trip from California to Mexico with our car, and we would like to sell it in Mexico, bcs we wanna to fly home from Cancun.
Is it possible to sell it, when we will have California plate number, insurance etc? :)
Thanks for information!! Tom :))
I've determined that one way to get from the Mérida airport up to Progreso would be to use the ADO bus from the airport into the city center, then go to the Terminal Auto Progreso for the bus to Progreso. That will involve some time and some walking between bus terminals. Does anyone have current info on what a taxi fare would be for two people from Mérida airport to Progreso? I am thinking it might be well worth it for the time we would save and the convenience. TIA!