- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Hey there! As my previous doubts where answered perfectly I will keep on...
I'm about to fly to LA to visit friends and start a 5-6 month backpacking/budget trip around mexico and guatemala. Obviously I think about most of my time around south mexico and guatemala as it suits both my interests and budget.
Anyway, for the beggining I was thinking about going all the way down through baja, but it looks difficult to find other backpackers, shared rides or surf hubs (surf spots+board rental etc)…
In researching my trip to this heavily touristed area, I keep running across comments regarding the Mexican police and how they often harass rental car drivers to extract quick bribes from tourists.
While this certainly sounds plausible, given Mexico's sketchy reputation, I find it difficult to believe it happens as often as commenters make it sound - especially when it's the tourists who are bringing money to the Tulum area. You'd think local gov't and business owners would discourage their…
I am going to Cancun, Merida, Valladolid, Tulum and Isla Mujeres next week and was wondering if there are any places that offer air pumps for pool toys? If anyone has experience bringing deflated pool toys please comment below. Thanks!
So, it looks a bit cheaper to rent a car in Tulum than Cancun. We are staying in Tulum for 8 days and want a car.
Any experienced suggestions/warnings? We can pick up in Tulum and return at Cancun airport the day we fly home. Thinking it would be nice to avoid the hassle of picking up the car when we arrive.
The Zika risk is evolving so I thought it instructional to post extracts from the CDC.
Because Zika virus is primarily spread by mosquitoes, CDC recommends that travelers to Mexico protect themselves from mosquito bites. Sexual transmission of Zika virus from a male partner is possible, so travelers are also encouraged to use condoms.
What can travelers do to prevent Zika?
There is no vaccine to prevent or medicine to treat Zika. Travelers can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites:…
1) I don't really speak Spanish but can get by. The ADO bus website is only in Spanish. I could TRY to navigate it (using an online translator) and buy some tickets for travel next week, but I was just wondering if it was that simple, or if they need some specific info (like a mobile phone # to which they send passwords) etc.? I just fill in the name, credit card details and voilà?
2) I prefer to have the tickets before I travel so that way I don't have to worry about not getting a seat the…
Anyone have a preference...or helpful warning?
Researching now, and with just a handful to choose from in Tulum, thought I'd learn from the experiences of others... Sounds amazing, in the right hands.
I live in San Diego, and like to walk over to TJ occasionally for tacos and shopping. This used to be effortless, but now Mexico has decided they want to pretend they're a real country, so they created a full-scale entry facility. No big deal, really, one simply shows passport, and waits for the agent to fill out a visa form. The problem, though, is when they stamp my passport; I don't see why my passport has to be destroyed by page after page of TJ stamps!
My question is: Are the border…