- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
We are heading to Mexico in February to Climb Izta, Orixaba and Potrero. Are there any climbers who can share logistics information. I am looking at buses and private drivers. How was your experience? What was the cost? Did you run into any problems?
Any information on the three destinations listed would be helpful.
Nate and Bear
I'm going to try to keep this brief, but with my condition and all I've been through the past several months, it's easy to start ranting. I got a pretty nasty brain injury a few months ago, and recovery has not been easy. Living where I do in the U.S., and having already been denied disability by my company (lamely), it has been a struggle, and rather horrific one some days, to keep working enough to keep the job and bring enough money in to pay rent. And what I'm finding is that it is…
I have a friend who has a car related question and Mexico. I couldnt answer it for sure so I thought you might know. It concerns the 10 year rule, the minimum age of the foreign car. My understanding is it is about legally transfering a foreign vehiicle to Mexico (to get plates, etc). She seems to think it applies to simply visiting Mexico (as in: no car newer than 10years old may enter Mexico).Alas, I've never owned a car so new and brought it to Mexico, so I cant say for absolutely certain…
I have a little problem.. i had an itinerary for 5-6 weeks in mexico and finally we have only from tomorrow to the 26th of june.. so 28 days approx. Now i don't know what to skip or if i have enough time to do it all! We are 30yo, speak a little spanish but understand almost everything (when it's slow), we don't drink and party, we love nature, water, architecture and walking. Won't have a car. We don't like museum (unless it's amazing).
- Tomorrow we take the bus from antigua…
I'll be arriving at Tuxtla Gutierrez airport next week. It's a week day and my flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:30pm. I've read that there are shuttle buses that go direct to San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Does anyone know how frequent they are and approximate price? Can I just arrive at the airport and then organize this?
I'll begin backpacking Central and South America in a couple of months and I need help planning.
I land in Mexico City and I'll spend 3-4 days there before continuing with my trip.
I want to visit Oaxaca, San Cristobal, Palenque, Bacalar, Tulum, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Isla Mujeres.
The thing is, I want to enter Guatemala from San Cristobal. In what order should I do the destinations I mentioned? Also, is a month enough for all of the places? or should I drop some?
Long story short 3 of us(mid 20s) have 3 days before we have to pick up the rest of our group from Cancun and help them get to Playa del Carmen where we will spend a week. We will have 2 full days possibly 3 if we decide not to spend a night in Cancun. We don't really want to sit around Cancun for the few days so we are looking for a different town to chill in for those days. I have looked at Tulum and Puerto Morelos a little bit but looking for any advice on what to do. We aren't trying to…