- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I will land in Cancun around 10:00am and fly out the next day. I am not a beach person (other than possibly going to look at it for a short time). Most day tours leave around 7:00am or 8:00am to places like Chitzen Itza or other places so I will not be able to book those.
1) What should be the one thing I should focus on seeing? I thought about Chitzen Itza but have been to pyramids around Mexico City and to Tikal so thought I could give this a miss. I considered Xcaret (even though it is…
Will be arriving into Mexico City after midnight and will need to take a cab from airport to a hotel in the center of the city. Are there any recommendations for a safe cab company to look for at the airport? Will be there for a few days, are there recommendations for things to do and see in the city (will not have a car for transportation). Thanks in advance.
I'm flying into Cancun Airport en route to Tulum and am wondering if a taxi would be a happy medium between the ADO bus and a private van transfer in terms of price and comfort. About how much would a taxi from Cancun Airport to the Tulum hotel zone cost? Is negotiation necessary or expected? And are there any safety concerns (as with getting in a taxi in, say, Mexico City)?
I will be solo traveling in late July (20-23) to Isla Mujeres to hopefully find and snorkel with the whale sharks out there. Any recommendations for Whale Shark outfitters, places to visit, and lodging on the island would be very helpful! Lastly, was going to get a private charter from Cancun airport to the Ferry, but any other suggestions would be great. Much Appreciated.
i'm planning a trip to Mexico this October - 3 weeks.
i have been to Mexico 15 years ago, but then, i followed the beaten path, and now days, my purposes are different - today it's mainly cultural photography. off the beaten path if possible.
it would be great if you can recommend me authentic villages, colonial towns, colorful markets,
simple daily life, with simple people...
I'm not interested in big modern cities, beaches, or hiking in nature.
i would really appreciate any…
Im writing of behalf of my son who’s been backpacking around Mexico for the last year. A long story short, his tourist permit (FMM) has expired by almost 5 months. Basically he became horrendously sick and ended up in a hospital for awhile and couldn't travel at the point of expiration, and has only just recently got back on his feet (literally) – he knows that he should have sorted this out sooner. He wants to leave Mexico at this point to resolve his immigration status. He plans to travel to…
Just want to get a general idea about rental costs in the Puerto Escondido area. I rented in San Cristobal de las Casas the past few months, directly from a local a little outside of the center for a great price. But found it quite tricky and time consuming to find a good spot.
I am already familiar with the online options (viva anuncios, AirBnB, etc) and the idea of hitting the streets until you find what you are looking for :) other suggestions super appreciated.
I always travel with a coffee press and a small supply of ground beans. Now, it's running out and part of my tourism is to find a great source of beans. This will probably be my gift to friends back home, so I take this task very seriously!
Does anybody know where I can get high quality beans in either Merida or Tulum? I'm in Merida now, so the need is very pressing at the moment. But Tulum is my final destination.