- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I was recently denied entry into Mexico at Mexico City airport owing to a minor drug charge I incurred as a foolish student in 2006. While having a criminal record certainly hasn't prevented me from finding a good job here in the US, it does seem to be thwarting my travel plans.
Do Mexican border posts along the Guatemala frontier have access to the same information that immigration at Mexico City airport does? Could I conceivably fly into Guatemala City, hang around the country…
I'm planning a 12 day trip to Mexico in June, starting in the capital. I'll be traveling alone with my 6 year old daughter.
I've lived in Kenya and South Africa, and traveled in Jamaica, Latin America (Mexico [Baja, Yucatán, Puerto Vallarta (viejo)], Costa Rica, Guatemala), and Europe, but only solo in Europe. Over the last 15 years, I've mostly traveled with my husband, who died a few years ago.
I know that the fear messages out there are usually ignorant of the reality on the…
What's a good way to find climbing guides for the most rudimentary routes on Ixti and Orizaba, other that the somewhat expensive ones on the internet?
And how much should I expect to pay?
Hola! I'm arriving in Tapachula at around 6:30am on Sunday morning. I'm wanting to cross the border and go straight to lake atitlan if possible. I wondered if anyone had done this trip recently and could suggest any bus/shuttle companies that I can look up. I looked at previous threads but they were all from a few years ago so I was hoping to get the most up to date information. Thank you!!
This is such a fabulous forum! So glad to find it. Thank you! I'm purusing the site and should do more before I post I know, but it's so tempting just to throw my query out there! We are Canadian family two adults and three kids age 9, 11 and 12 landing in Cancun end of April for three weeks. I have spent quite a bit of time in Mexico (15 years ago), and can speak Spanish, but I don't know the Yucatán really and I wondering if in three weeks it is reasonable to do a loop from Cancun to San…
I am flying into mexico city on April 8th. I arrive at 1;50 pm. I am traveling solo to san miguel. I know it is Holy Week and I do not want to take a bus. I have done some research and I am looking for a trustworthy shuttle service. I see there is the option of private or sharing. I would like to share due to cost. Please let me know any shuttle service that is reliable and how to contact them. Also, will they take me directly to my house I am staying at or will I need to grab a taxi?
Hi I am putting together a route for my 14 yo daughter and I for this July. We like the usual Yucatan stuff: snorkeling, ruins, cenotes, small to mid sized town atmosphere, museums, the beach. Quiet after 11:00 ish is important, we are not at all into a party scene. We will be using public transport but want to avoid overnight bus rides for this trip. Here's what I think is a good plan so far but I either need to find one more place for a 3 day stop or extend the days in the places on the…
Can someone tell me the approximate time to drive from Puerta Calakmul hotel (turnoff to Calakmul) to Uxmal?. (We don't drive very fast)
Also the best route