- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
a while ago i asked the members in the forum to suggest places where i can experience more of the authentic life of Mexico. I got many wonderful ideas that will fill my next 3 trips to Mexico. :)
My purpose is cultural photography (with proper sensitivity and manners obviously), markets, simple happy people (by simple i only refer to the more of less absence of technology and rush of western world).
For this coming trip, I came up with 3 weeks itinerary and would like read you to…
After braving Central Mexico, Oaxaca and Chiapas with kids over last few years, we are ready to settle for a beach vacation this Winter. We would like to be in Yucatan, we are not interested in Pacific Coast this year.
We are looking for an advice as to web sites/resources, aside from AirB&B and TripAdvisor, to look for beach houses/villas pretty much anywhere between Cancun and Tulum as long as the area has nice beach access and is reasonably safe.
Ideally, we would like to rent a…
Various means of buying bus tickets have been previously discussed on TTMB. We were in Colonia Roma of Mexico City earlier this week, and wanted to purchase our ETN bus tickets in advance. Reasons for the advance purchase were
1. getting the 50% INAPAM discount available to older persons with the credential.
2. getting an optimum departure time that would get us to Morelia in mid afternoon.
Previously, we'd had fair success in buying tickets for the ETN buses at Oxxo convenience stores…
I'm a retired medical professional and have enjoyed travelling quite a bit in Mexico since retirement. As age creeps up on me, I feel less like moving around and more like settling down in a pleasant community for several months at a time. My wife and I have taken several sessions of language school with homestay and have always enjoyed the local contacts that facilitates. We even improved our language skills, although neither of us can truly be considered fluent. It has surprised me, though…
I'm planning to go to Oaxaca at the end of October and then, after the Day of th Dead, I'm going to Huatulco at the coast.
I'll hire a car and plan to drive from Oaxaca to Huatulco.
I've heard that a motorway was being built to connect the city of Oaxaca to the Pacific coast near Huatulco.
Does anyone knows if this motorway is already opened or partially opened?
I'd like to afford some time during this trip.
My wife and I are retired. We are slow travelers, preferring to take it easy when seeing the sights. Afternoon siestas are not out of the question.
I'm keeping an eye on the strikes and blockades in Chiapas, but so far my sample itinerary.
January 31 fly to Tuxtla, taxi or shuttle to San Cristobal de las Casas, stay 6 nights
Feb 6 Bus (AEXA) or collectivo to Ocosingo, stay 2 nights
February 7 Tour Tonina
February 8 Bus or collectivo to Palenque, stay one night in town.
February 9 Transfer to El…