- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
My partner and I have booked to go to Mexico at the beginning of September.
We are landing and departing from Cancun. We have already booked the "beach part" of our holiday as the last 4 days in Cancun. We have 7 nights at the beginning of the holiday which we would like to use to experience the Yucatan sights/culture/food/forests. We are interested in seeing the ruins (Tulum included), as well as visiting any beautiful cenotes. We will probably rent a car. Can anyone provide a…
For those flying to the US from Mexico (and from Canada), the Mexican Transportation Department is implementing stricter checks on electronic devices. In compliance with the Trump administration's tougher standards for Homeland Security requirements, higher security screenings will mean longer lines, so start arriving to the airport even earlier. Something to look forward to on my next return flight from Mexico....not.
In November, 2017, I'll be visiting several places in Mexico (Yucatan peninsula only), Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.
Is it possible to rent a car in Cancun, Mexico, and use it to drive around these countries, crossing borders when necessary?
My idea is to return it to the same place I rent it from.
My main concern is with the feasibility of crossing borders with a rented car.
Thanks for any information about this issue.
Is there any chance of diving with whale sharks off Isla Holbox in November (2017)?
The LP guide says it can be done from mid-May to mid-September.
Is that it?
Thanks a lot. Best regards!
I am moving to Mexico for 9 months and am trying to figure out how to handle my birth control. I gather bc is pretty easy to acquire there. But I've been using generics of Norgestimate-Ethinyl Estradiol (mononessa, sprintect, previfem, etc.) for several years and would like to stick with this in particular. I'm having trouble finding info for this drug in Mexico. Does anyone know if this is available there? Is it common (I'll be in Chetumal)? Thanks!
Hi...we are a family of four, renting a car from Mexico City airport and travelling for 9 days to SMA, Guanajuato and Queratero. We don't have parking arranged for Guan and our hotel is in the center of the city. We are thinking we could park outside and taxi in to our hotel or just pay for the crazy expensive parking for the couple days we are there. Does anyone have suggestions for safe places to park outside of the center of the city?
I figured I'd post this since I had some difficulty finding it. There's lots of information out there about the opposite route but not much on this one.
I found two websites with lots of options, the first leaves PE twice a day: https://etn.com.mx/english/index.html
This bus will take you first to Pochutla, and then to Huatulco. 2 hour ride.
And the other leaves every two hours: https://www.ado.com.mx/#/
I'm not sure of the route as it doesn't display it directly, but this ride is 2 and 1/2…