Palacio Municipal & Palacio de Gobierno
Beside the cathedral, the 19th-century Palacio Municipal features powerful stone arches. Finished in 1838, it was the home of Bishop Ignacio Montes de Oca from 1892 to 1915. The city's coat of arms in stained glass overlooks a double staircase. The neoclassical Palacio de Gobierno, built between 1770 and 1816, lines the plaza's west side.