- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
We are driving from San Diego to Bahia Asuncion in July. Spending first night in Rosario. Gay couple, super excited. We speak Spanish. Any suggestions/recommendations would be awesome. Thank you!
hi~ I'm scheduled to arrive in tapachula in Mex. on 7/5 10:40 AM. and then I'm wondering how to get San pedro La Laguna, Guatemala from airport of tapachula, by transport. could you please give me good recommendation & instruction?
and on cross border, is there occurred any charge? in other words, what do I prepare for cross border?
actually, I wanna arrive in san pedro La Laguna as soon as possible. if impossible within one day, please add comments where stopover and stay one night~
I'm traveling to mexico at the end of july alone. I'm traveling to playa del carmen. I'm a 23 year old female. Everyone is concerned for me traveling alone to mexico. Is this something i should be concerned about ? Any tips on what to do or not to do ? i just want to have a relaxing and yet fun vacation at the same time. Is this place an appropriate place for that ? I'm staying at the Mahekal beach resort it seemed like an okay place to stay at and be safe at the same time.
My husband I are planning a 10 day trip to the Yucatan Peninsula (en route to Florida) in late September, early October. We are coming from Australia, so our plan at this stage is to fly from LA to Merida, spend a couple of days there and then make our way to the coast before flying to Florida from Cancun.
We’re looking for a cultural experience (i.e. ancient ruins, Mexican art and architecture, delicious food and other significant/authentic sites or experiences), balanced by some fun and…
As part of a larger Mexico trip I will be spending a week in both Puebla and Mexico City. My plan is to fly into Benito Juarez, take a bus from there to Puebla and spend two nights. After that I will spend the rest of my time in Mexico City and I have a few questions about the weather and different places to check out.
1) What is the weather like towards the end of July? I know it is rainy season, but how rainy? Will I be able to get by with only a light jacket?
2) I would love…
I figure to head to Merida by this fall & will spend whatever time I feel like touring the area from Campeche, to uxmal to chikun & Valladoid before starting my main goal of visiting islands from Holbox to Mujeres to Carman & on to central & south americas' islands. Will probably find some interesting mainland places along the coastal bus lines as well. Tulum for sure.
Wondering if anybody knows of any other Mexican islands with room/bath accommodations that are not private resorts....or…
I have climbed many Mayan pyramids but never climbed An Aztec pyramid, I will be in Mexico City next month and wonder if there are any Aztec pyramids to climb? If so where? Did the Aztecs have Pyramids?thanks in advance,Joe
As far as I can see from the hotels map there are two major locations:
1. Near Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral -Plaza de la Constitución
2. Near Museo Nacional de Antropología
Which one is better in terms of centrality, feeling safe, transportation, attractions, restaurants etc.? Most important - Safety.