- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I have got a job in Tulum, and I need to find some contacts to help me for a room or small studio there. But this searching is more difficult than I was expected.
Any of you as some contacts/friends that could help me in this?
Period: mid nov untill end of january
I am looking for a different place than an hostel, because with all the stuff I need to bring with me would be safer and comfortable.
Hello, we want to spend 2 days in Ruta Puuc and then I believe from there it is a stunning drive to Campeche - this then got me going on thinking of hiring a car: oh my goodness, the prices - about US$50 + per day, it seems (more than double what one pays in Europe). Any thoughts/ advice on hiring a car in Merida, etc to do this tour would be appreciated.
Otherwise suggestions on how to do it otherwise?
Yes I know this is a rather broad topic, but I'm trying to scrape a budget together to be able to spend 1 week in Mexico over the Christmas holidays. Prices all seem to have tripled and rooms everywhere are booking up. I've looked on every hotel booking site and I keep seeing the same hotels over and over again -- they're all either too expensive or already booked. I don't need an all inclusive or a fancy name. My only criteria are clean rooms, decent pool, good location (beach, town or both)…
For those who are in the Guadalajara area. Tomorrow I go hiking to the 7 waterfalls close to Tonala. I run a language school so we go with a bunch of students as well. The trip is for free and we leave at 2 pm from the school in Tlaquepaque. It will be a tough hike so no flip flops. Bring swimming gear and drinking water and something to eat. We will be back around 8 pm.
If you want to join please confirm so I know how many cars I will need.
If this topic has been covered previously, pls forgive me and direct me to it.
I am wondering what travel guide for Mexico to order. There is not a great choice in the town I live in, so I have to order online, without possibility to browse the book in the bookshop. What I need is plenty of general info, including history of the places, transport whereabouts etc. - more than recommendations for hotels and restaurants. That changes quickly, it is inevitably subjective and that info can be found…
I am new to the forum so I aplogise if i send my question into the atmosphere!
I am going to Mexico next May. It is my first visit. I am hoping to get from my hotel to Playa Car to take a ferry to Cozumel. Does anyone know of any buses that run up from Grand Sirenis Resort and Sap on the Riveria Maya?
Any info would be greatly appreicated.
Hello guys !
I will go on January 17th to Mexico and stay until February 8.
The idea is to spend four days in guadalajara, 10 days in playa del carmen and 3 in mexico city. Any suggestions or recommendations?
rentin car on nov 16 slowly driving south along coast hitting all my favorite places must be back in Vallarta on dec 5. I know mexico like the back of my hand. share the fun and expense (cheapest way to go) I am in shape , friendly, hip and musical. thank you