- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
- Get to…
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Alright so my girlfriend and I are looking for some well-deserved R&R so we’re looking for an adults only topless (or possibly clothing optional) resort. We’ve done a little searching and realize we could use some advice from people who have been to some of these places. We have a few requirements:
A good party vibe. We both like to go out for drinks and dance and stuff so having a good atmosphere for going out in the evenings is a must. We would need a good club somewhere on the resort…
I'm writing on behalf of12 students from the College of the Atlantic who are in the Yucatan for a 12 week cultural immersion. Through our explorations of the Yucatan we have been all over the state and seen many gorgeous sites, but last week we went subterranean in the caves at Santa Rita, and it was far and away the most staggeringly beautiful and rich experience of the trip. Why? Because to enter the caves is to descend into the "inframundo" a realm extremely important in the Mayan cosmovision…
"Article 86. A foreigner whose admission is denied by the Institute as a result of
not complying with the requirements established in Article 37 of this Law must
leave Mexico to the expense of the company that transported him or her,
notwithstanding the corresponding sanctions under this Law."
The new Mexican Immigration Law is clear on this subject and a few posters thought is was not true.
I am planing a 4 weeks honeymoon in Mexico.
I will be flying on about March.
Recommendations will be most appreciated!
We are flying into San Jose Del Cabo late at night, and as we have a bit of a drive to get to where we are staying further up the coast wanted to spend a night in a hotel close to the airport.
Anyone know of any reasonably priced options that we can book? Ideally dont want to have to go into town as we will leave as soon as we wake up the next morning after picking up a rental car from the airport...
#1: I'm flying into Cancun in a week. I arrive at 3:30 pm, then have to go through customs, etc. Does anyone know about a bus direct from the airport to Playa del Carmen that would be leaving late afternoon? I'm guessing a taxi would be quite spendy for that distance. I'm hoping to not have to go into Cancun.
#2: I think have the visa situation figured out. As an American, I can get a tourist card on arrival that's valid for 180 days. I'm wondering though, is this multiple-entry? I.e. if I go…
Quick question. Is it better to take a tour of the cenotes in Q.Roo/Yucatan, or to get collectivos and do it ourselves?
Do you get anything special from the tour, besides the guided aspect/ transport?
Are things like snorkels / lifejackets etc at the Cenote? or does a tour company supply those?