- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Any thoughts on these accommodation choices? Good? Bad? Ugly?
Most are semi-booked, so just making sure I haven't missed anything & also sharing what we have found to help others who may be looking for something similar. Our criteria is mid-range (averaging US$100), suitable for a family, quiet, safe, preferably with access to a kitchen and swimming pool (noted below)
Mexico City - splitting time between Hotel Catedral in Centro & Hotel Stanza in La Roma.
Oaxaca - El Diablo y La Sandia /…
Hey all, I'm about to head out to Oaxaca's Pueblos Mancomunados for a few days, starting in Cuaji and heading downwards to Amatlan or something. Traveling alone, what's it like camping along the way? I've heard of other people camping on the trail without problems, and apparently most of the villages have campsites for around MX$50 a night. But, what's it like? Am I going to get any crap camping near villages, and should I just pay for those cabins along the way? The cabins sound nice, and…
The BBC World News website is reporting a shoot-out between "gunmen" and police at an Acapulco hotel apparently frequented by police. The hotel is not named and the district is only named Las Playas, which I assume is Caleta and Caletilla. One of the gunmen got killed. There was a simultaneous shoot-out at a federal police station elsewhere in Acapulco. Needless to say, I hope this is not the start of bad business because it could get very bad.
I see there are buses to San Cristobal from Tuxtla Gutierrez's other airport, but how does one get to San Cristobal from the Llano San Juan airport? Thanks!
I've been in Merida this week and tomorrow heading to Chichen Itza and onto Valladolid for a few days. I then want to travel from Valladolid to Mahahual. Anybody familiar with the buses on this route ? Internet is very slow and I've got soooo many better things to do ;-) Anything direct from Valladolid or do I have to change buses ?
Staying at Cass del Mar on Playa Ropa which has restaurant Arena on grounds. $9000mx April 15 to may 15. Good friendly & secure place. Old but very clean bottom floor room waterfront with refridge. Nice patio with hammock
Heading back up coast via busses same way I came down in February. Stopped at Teacapan...sayulita...PV...Maruata...Melarque...Manzanillo
Looking for alternate stops on way back to Maz.