- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
Hi my name is Adan im 19 years old i planning a 3 week vacation between feb-march to leon Gto going for fun travel night life luxury hotel movie theatres malls tourism partys antros etc etc two king size beds in a Luxury Jr Suite with balcony to main plaza we can go out everyday to new places explore and have fun :D i was wondering if any lady would like to come with me preferiblly close to my age 18-22 or if you live over there we can meet up if intrested message me ;)
Greetings all. Coming up soon I will be in Chiapas for 6 nights and have a few routing questions with a timing component. I will be flying roundtrip from Mexico City (MEX), with the return flight to MEX having to occur in the morning hours to accomodate a same day mid-afternoon return flight to the U.S.
While in Chiapas and given my relatively short stay, I want to visit Palenque and San Cristobal primarily. It looks like I can a make a loop by using both Tuxtla and Villahermosa as either an…
Hello Lonely Planet,
I am planning on a trip to Mexico between December 26 and January 5. We are planning on landing in Cancun and then exploring the Yucatan province, Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel. Any highlights between these areas that are a no-miss?
As I live in central Mexico and wish to escape some of the cold weeks of winter, I am planning on going to Laguna Bacalar. While researching a place to stay for a night or two in Chetumal, I came across places in Mahahual as well. I am not much of a beach person anymore, but if it is possible to get there without hiring a car, I might spent 4 or 5 nights there. Now that cruise ships stop there and that they have even built a regional airport, I imagine it won't be too long before this place…
Just got an email saying my Mex-Palenque flight with Interjet on 5 Jan has been re-scheduled to fly into Tuxtla Gutierrez! Checking their site, I can't see any flights in Jan, so it seems they have cancelled this route.
So now I have to figure out what to do. TG is hardly convenient to Palenque, so that's not really an option unless we wanted to include SCDLC on the way . I could call Interjet & request they re-schedule us into Villahermosa which is closer to Palenque. Or into Merida & drop…
We will be spending a few days in Comitan, Chiapas(My first time). We will be flying into Tuxtla. I have 8000 questions, lol, so please bare with me.
(We are traveling with a 1 1/2 yr old also)
- How can we get from Tuxtla to Comitan?
I was looking into an Uber but they charge like $150 each way (USD).
I also will need to be able to get into a local colony to visit family. Therefore, I was thinking of renting a car. My husband is from here so he said that you cannot rent any car…
My friend and I (both women) are attending the upcoming Corona Capital music festival in Mexico City. We'd like to visit another place beforehand. We are not interested in a resort and want to go to a place where we can feel safe.We'd like a balance of history and culture, outdoor possibilities (hiking and watersports), beaches, and good food and drink. We're debating between Oaxaca and Puerto Vallarta. Any recommendations on either location over the other? We'd spend 3-4 days there.
I have a 10 year old and we are finally going to be able to do an extended trip. My plan so far is when the school year ends here next May I would like to pursue a new direction.
1. I want to take him to Mexico and do an extended trip enrolling him in some sort of Spanish course. If not longer at least for 2 1/2 months. He is half Mexican and I think he would benefit in a couple ways.
2. I want to stay in a "non" commercialized community to 1. experience real Mexico and 2. live on aprox…