- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
- Get to…
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
I was originally thinking to do a daytrip from MC to Xochicalco, but then noticed that it would be closer to go there from Tepoztlan. The latter option would be convenient as I'm planning to stay 2-3 days in Tepoztlan. Is there a bus going from Mexico city or Tepoztlan with which I could reach Xochicalco?
I'm planning to fly into Mexico in a few weeks (haven't decided which city yet), and then slowly make my way overland down into Central America. I've heard that bus travel can be quite expensive in Mexico, so I'm wondering if any of you can tell me a rough figure per hour or per 100km. I realize it will vary by route and company, but I'm just looking for a ballpark figure. And I'm looking for mid-class buses, I don't need the super-luxury ones. Just ones that are reasonably comfortable and…
I am thinking of moving to either Belize or Chiapas and could use advice on cost of renting
there (can be shared housing to save money). I am developing a social venture startup that could be huge, was one of the finalists in the International Startup festival, was incubator funded by StartupChile, but out of funding now, living off meager savings until next round. The startup could not only prevent oceans of needless suffering for eventually millions, but also become a funding machine for…
Hello All: does anyone know anything about the shuttle from the International Airport in Zacatecas, Mexico to Zacatecas city center or the bus central? I've tried different websites and can't seem to hit upon the right place for information. The OMA.aero sight doesn't have anything other than one can hire a taxi. Transportes del Norte site likewise. Thanks very much.
Hello travel maniacs
So far, I’ve travel to Asia, Europe and Northern Africa, so it’s gonna be my first time in Latin America, hence, I have some questions and concerns, which some of you may find funny or even stupid ;)
General questions (or rather safety concerns) :
1. Electricity – do we have to bring a converter of any kind? We live in Europe so our plugs are two-pin 230 V / 50 Hz
Transporting cash and valuables – in Asia, the question of safety and security is minor thing – I always…