- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Mexico.
This branch covers travel to and around Mexico.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll help you fill in the gaps.
2. Explore Lonely Planet's Destinations online, which has a…
In recent months, we've had Valladolid, Bacalar, Calakmul, Ek Balaam, Guanajuato, Puerto Escondido, among others; so where to go next?
For me, I'll be revisiting Valladolid over New Year's, then on to Merida, backtrack to Chichén, and finally, a couple days of rest in Puerto Morelos, before flying home from Cancun. About fifteen years ago, I spent a delightful New Year's eve in Puerto Morelos, where the plaza became a public dancing venue, with music provided by a local group, which set up…
He lost it in Melaque Jalisco and it has been found. Basically everything including Passport, FMM, etc. It's rumored he headed south from Melaque. PM me or check TomZap Melaque message board.
He is a 27-year-old Caucasian male with blue eyes from Alberta Canada
I will traveling in January with a friend who is battling lung cancer. She is interested in seeing ruins and monkeys, if possible. I have been to Palenque and loved it. Their website says they are closing soon. Does anyone know if that is true? Having gone through chemo I am not sure if she would have the energy to do a lot of hiking.
I am looking for alternatives.
1. What can you tell me about the ruins near Oaxaca?
2. Are the ruins in Palenque closed?
Im planning to drive a car being tourist from USA all the way to Costa Rica throught Mexico Guatemala Nicaragua.
Does anyone has experience with crossing any of those countries by american car with tourist US visa?
I would love to get any information about legacy of driving a car, necessary document for a car, any payments (taxes) on the borders, any problems which might happen
On arrival at the airport in Mexico City we wish to go by taxi to our hotel in historic downtown. We intend to book the taxi from one of the kiosks in the airport as this seems to be the safest option. Can anyone assure us that these kiosks will be open at that time and safe taxis still running?
Hi Lonely Planet Community,
i go to cancun in march 16 and want to book a car for 3 weeks for a roundtrip. So i inform me about the car rental and read on the internet a lot of horror story's of renting a car in cancun.
Each rental company has only one of 5 stars in the most kowns review plattforms. I read now over hours on tripadvisor, yelp, google reviews and lonely planet about the providers:
America/Cancun/Tulum/Caribbean Car Rental (all the same)
- All providers send me an…