We are planning a trip to Mauritius in February. We already have some ideas about the hotel. As we will only have breakfast included, we plan to eat out the rest of the time. Any ideas on the prices when eating out? We are not so much into street food but also not into expensive restaurants. So, mid range. Does it depend on the region or? What would be the price of an average three course dinner?
Otherwise, any other suggestions on activities in Mauritius? Island hopping? Hiking? Etc…
Hi everyone! We are going to Mauritius on our honeymoon in February 3rd for a week. We want to stay in a good hotel, and at the same time near diving places. Anywhere on the island is good to dive? thank you!
We're looking for a good beach on or near which to rent an apartment for 3 weeks or so. Does anyone have recommendations? We're thinking of the west coast but don't know whether the areas of Grand Baie or Flic en Flac (or perhaps farther south) would be best.
Also, the prices seem to vary hugely from $50 to $400 per night for apartments that seem quite similar. Why?
Was browsing through LP guide looking for inspiration for destination. Is it right that in Mauritius cost of accommodation is going to be upwards of US$ 30 and if not where to I find out about the cheaper places?
We need to be at the airport at 7:30 AM on a Wednesday. I'm getting conflicting information about buses from Port Louis. Can anybody tell me:
(1) Is there a bus from Port Louis that will get to the airport at that time? Bus no 198 goes that route but it isn't clear (to me at least) what time the first one leaves.
(2) Where does it leave from? Some sites say Victoria Square, others say Deschartes Street.
(3) Is there an express bus, even if it's more expensive? If so, do you need to book beforehand?
Will I get as good a rate changing (UK £ cash) immediately on arrival at Mauritius airport or from a bank/moneychanger once I reach Grand Baie (or Port Louis)? Where will I get the best rate? At many airports the rate is significantly below what you get outside.
Unexpectedly passing through Mauritius next week for just 48 hours on a bit of a budget. Keen to make the most of it! Recommendations on places to stay and things to do would be much appreciated.
I am planning to go to Mauritius for a week from August 7-13' 2015 with my wife & 2 daughters (8 years & 1 and half years). I would really appreciate if you could clarify a few questions I have;
- From August 7-11, I would be staying in a resort in North East. Would it be too windy during this time ?
- For the last 2 days of my trip, I would like to stay in the Western region of Mauritius. Which beach property would you recommend ? I would prefer an excellent mid-range B&B…
We are planning to travel to Mauritius for our honeymoon in December 2015. We are planning to spend a total of 6-8 nights and wish to explore the island with leisure. We need advice on what activities to do because we are planning to keep the trip moderately busy i.e. days of relaxation with some adventure sports, beach activities like water sports, cruises, self drives etc...
We would like to stay at good to excellent properties. Any suggestions and tips on places to visit…