Apparently unchanged since WWII, this 1841 building is gracefully authentic.
Cheah Kongsi is home to the oldest Straits Chinese clan association in Penang. It's a down-home sort of place, simple but welcoming,...
Tua Pek Kong
The name is ostensibly Tua Pek Kong , but this recently renovated structure, resplendent in red and gold and with polished black...
Very busy restaurant specialising in tandoori chicken and biryani, along with fish and mutton curries. They do a mean masala tea, too.
Lonely Planet review
Set up in 1860, this house is currently under restoration and is known as Kew Leong Tong, which means Hall of Nine Dragons. The association is open to anyone with the surname Lim, no matter their origin, and is the only clan house in Penang with a female patron deity. At the entrance to the shrine, look for the well of Mar Chor Poh, the patron saint of sailors, who also happens to be a Lim.