Lim Kongsi

sights / Architecture

Lim Kongsi information

Location
George Town , Malaysia
Address
234 Lebuh Pantai
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

Set up in 1860, this house is currently under restoration and is known as Kew Leong Tong, which means Hall of Nine Dragons. The association is open to anyone with the surname Lim, no matter their origin, and is the only clan house in Penang with a female patron deity. At the entrance to the shrine, look for the well of Mar Chor Poh, the patron saint of sailors, who also happens to be a Lim.