Thanks to a Danish Foreign Minister who visited Malawi during the independence celebrations in 1966 and wasn't too impressed by the...
This is the oldest building standing in Malawi and was built back in 1882 as a home for the managers of the Mandala Trading Company....
Society of Malawi Library & Archive
Warehouse Cultural Centre
Wedged between the railway line and a major roundabout, this former depot now consists of a soundproofed theatre, cafe and bar. It’s one...
Choose from booths inside or tables alfresco beneath an awning. This is a great watering hole for German beers and carb-heavy grub such...
CCAP Church information
Blantyre’s most magnificent building is the red-brick CCAP Church, officially called St Michael & All Angels Church. The original church was a simple affair, built by Scottish missionary Reverend DC Scott in 1882. In 1888 the missionaries started work on a new, more impressive church with elaborate brickwork moulded into arches, buttresses, columns and towers, topped with a grand basilica dome.