TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Promoter information: Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT.
2. Closing time and date: 11.59pm 31 January 2013. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
3. Lonely Planet Traveller competitions comply with the BBC Code of Conduct for Competitions, which you can find at bbc.co.uk/competitioncode
4. The Prize is based on two return economy flights between Heathrow and Japan, on the Cathay Pacific / Dragonair network, with connecting flights in Hong Kong, with Cathay Pacific (including taxes, fees and charges). Accommodation at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo comprises 3 nights for 2 people in the Grand Room with breakfast, and at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto comprises 3 nights for 2 people in a guest room with breakfast. Both are valid from 1 Feb 2013 until 31 July 2013.
5. The tickets are not redeemable for cash, non-transferrable, non-endorsable and must be used in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
6. Prize must be booked by 30 April 2013; travel must be completed by 31 July 2013. Travel cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Flights are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No cash alternative may be offered. The prize includes flight taxes and fuel surcharges. When contacting Cathay Pacific please provide some flexibility in your dates of travel. Cathay Pacific may not be able to confirm your reservations on your preferred choice of dates. No reservation changes are permitted after tickets have been confirmed and issued. In line with the EU Directive Denied Boarding Compensation is not applicable on free of charge tickets. The tickets are valid on Cathay Pacific Airways (CX) and Dragonair (KA) operated flights only. Cathay Pacific’s conditions of carriage apply (see www.cathaypacific.co.uk).
7. Hyatt Hotel reservations will be subject to availability. Gift certificates valid from 1 February 2013 to 31 July 2013 will be supplied to the winner and should be used to book reservations.
8. All dates are subject to availability and are at the discretion of Cathay Pacific and Hyatt.
9. Travel to and from the winners’ residence to Heathrow, and internal transfers from airport to hotel, are not included in the prize.
10. The winner and their guest must be over 18 years of age, hold valid passports and visas and book their own travel insurance.
11. The winner and their guest must travel together.
13. You can enter only if you are a UK resident (including the Channel Islands). Employees of the BBC, Immediate Media Company, Cathay Pacific, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, InsideJapan Tours, their families or any agencies or person connected with the promotion may not enter.
14. One entry will be permitted per person. Entries made in bulk or by third parties are prohibited.
15. The winner will be selected at random from all entries. The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. Winners will be notified by the prize provider by email within 14 days of the competition closing date.
17. If we can’t contact the winner within a month of the closing date, we will offer the prize to a runner-up, or re-offer the prize in another promotion.
18. You must provide your full name, address and daytime telephone number. We will use your personal details to administer this promotion, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
19. You agree that if you win, we can publish your surname and county in the magazine.
20. A list of winners can be obtained by sending an SAE to Lonely Planet Traveller, Floor 5, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT, within six weeks of the closing date.
Rules, liability and jurisdiction
21. When you enter the competition, you agree to be bound by these rules.
22. Immediate Media Company does not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
23. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.