LPT Competitions – T&Cs
BRITISH COLUMBIA PRIZE December 2013
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Promoter information: Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT.
2. Closing time and date: 11:59pm on Sunday, 8 December 2013. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered. Only one entry per person.
3. The winner and their guest must be over 18 years old and hold valid UK passports.
1. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except for employees of Immediate, Destination British Columbia, and Discover the World and their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. There will be one overall prize for one winner plus guest. The prize consists of 1 x 8-night British Columbia holiday for 2 in June/July 2014, inclusive of the following:
– 5 nights at The Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver, 1 night at Heron’s Landing Hotel in Campbell River and 2 nights at Knight Inlet Lodge.
– Return economy flights with Icelandair from London to Vancouver via Reykjavik.
– Guided Vancouver sightseeing tour, Sunset Dinner Cruise and full day excursion to Victoria
– Return domestic flights from Vancouver to Campbell River with Pacific Coastal Airlines.
– Return floatplane flights from Campbell River to Knight Inlet Lodge
– All meals & wildlife viewing at Knight Inlet Lodge
– All transfers between Vancouver Airport and the Fairmont Waterfront
4. The maximum total prize value is £6,550 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
5. The flights and accommodation must be taken in one trip, and the holiday must be booked by 31 January 2014. The periods travel can be taken in are June/July 2014, subject to availability. Flights depart London every Sunday and Tuesday.
6. Prize travel is subject to Discover the World’s General Conditions of Carriage, available at http://www.discover-the-world.co.uk/export/sites/dtw/documents/booking-conditions/booking-conditions-canada.pdf The winner and their companion must travel together on prize flights and will not accrue Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel.
7. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and companion.
8. The winner and their chosen companion must comply with all relevant customs, security and immigration requirements, including appropriate passport and visa requirements. Discover the World will not be responsible for any passenger’s failure to comply with these requirements.
10. The prize winner and the companion are responsible for holding a passport with at least six months validity, and must organise relevant visas where required.
11. The prize does NOT include any insurance, travel to and from London Heathrow or London Gatwick, or any travel or other expenses during the trip which are not mentioned as included. Any out of pocket expenses (such as phone, room service, drinks purchases, gifts and food) are not included in the prize.
12. The package is non-transferable and no alternative packages will be offered.
13. There is no cash alternative.
14. The competition prize is subject to availability.
15. Discover the World shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses suffered by the entrant or a third party.
16. The competition prize is provided by Discover the World.
17. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries. The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Winners will be notified by the prize provider by email within 28 days of the competition closing date.
19. If we can’t contact the winner within a month of the closing date, we will offer the prize to a runner-up, or re-offer the prize in another promotion.
20. You must provide your full name, address and daytime telephone number. We will use your personal details to administer this promotion, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
21. You agree that if you win, we can publish your surname and county in the magazine.
22. A list of winners can be obtained by sending an SAE to Lonely Planet Traveller, Floor 5, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT, within six weeks of the closing date.
RULES, LIABILITIES AND JURISDICTIONS
1. When you enter the competition, you agree to be bound by these rules.
2. Immediate Media Company does not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
3. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.