Northern Lights competition Ts and Cs
1. Off The Map Travel, The Adventure Tour Company, 3 Keels Hill, Peasedown St John, Bath
2. Lonely Planet Traveller competitions comply with the BBC Code of Conduct for Competitions, which you can find at bbc.co.uk/competitioncode.
Closing date information
3. The closing date for entries is 11.59pm on 31 October 2012.
1. The winner will receive up to £1000 towards return flights and taxes, for four people from the UK (Heathrow or Manchester) to Kiruna airport (via Stockholm). The winner and companions are required to cover the remaining costs.
2. The prize is valid for departure between 7 January and 4 March 2013 from Monday to Friday only.
3. Prize winners preferred travel dates must be requested by 1 December 2012.
4. Dates are subject to availability and cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
5. Flights must be booked through Dial-a-Flight.
6. Any amendments (including name changes) to, or cancellation of, the trip made by the winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges, which will be the responsibility of the winner.
7. Winners agree to produce a short blog on their trip for publication on Off The Map Travel’s website. By entering the competition, you agree that Off The Map Travel will own your blog and its content, as well as the publication on the Off The Map Travel’s website.
8. One member of the prize winner’s travel group must be a minimum of 25 years of age and hold a valid UK driving licence for care hire.
9. Holiday insurance is NOT included but is required to allow departure, it is the responsibility of the traveller to arrange.
10. The prize does NOT include travel between the winner’s home and the UK airport, food, drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs.
11. The prize does NOT include spending money.
12. It is the responsibility of the prize winner and their companions to ensure they have valid passports, any necessary visa and vaccinations.
13. The prize is based on a self-catering basis only.
14. Activities are subject to change or cancellation at short notice due to weather conditions.
15. The Aurora cannot be guaranteed.
16. Although activity providers will provide some winter clothing, winners must provide suitable clothing for winter conditions expected.
17. The prize is non-transferable, there is no cash alternative.
18. The prize is non-redeemable for cash and cannot be sold or auctioned.
19. The prize trip cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
20. No air points can be redeemed or collected in relation to this promotion.
21. You can enter only if you are a UK resident (including the Channel Islands) and no less than 18 years of age. Employees of the BBC, Immediate Media Company, Off The Map Travel, Lights Over Lapland, Abisko Dogsled, their families or any agencies or person connected with the promotion may not enter.
22. One entry will be permitted per person. Entries made in bulk or by third parties are prohibited.
23. The winner will be selected at random from all entries. Off The Map Travels’ decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
25. Winners will be notified within 14 days of the competition closing date.
26. If we can’t contact the winner within a month of the closing date, we will offer the prize to a runner-up, or re-offer the prize in another promotion.
27. You must provide your full name, address and daytime telephone number. We will use your personal details to administer this promotion, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
28. You agree that if you win, we will publish your surname and county.
29. A list of winners can be obtained by sending an SAE to Lonely Planet Traveller, Floor 5, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT, within six weeks of the closing date.
Rules, liability and jurisdiction
30. When you enter the promotion, you agree to be bound by these rules.
31. Off the Map Travel reserves the right to change these rules or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion if circumstances arise beyond our control.
32. Off The Map Travel does not accept responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
33. Off The Map Travel will not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
34. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
*Guidebook discount available when buying online via Lonely Planet shop. Offer not available with any other offer or discount and excludes guidebook packs, digital products, travel gear and delivery charges