Mary Queen of Peace Church
- Rumpiškės gatvė 6a SE of Old Town
- tel, info: 46 410 120
- adult/child Lt2/Lt1
Lonely Planet review for Mary Queen of Peace Church
There is no higher spot from which to survey the city than atop the 46.5m tower of Klaipėda's Mary Queen of Peace Church. The enormous concrete church was built in 1957, shut by the Soviet authorities the moment it was complete in 1960 and used as a concert hall until 1988, when the church was reconsecrated and Mass celebrated for the first time. Book a visit through the tourist office.