Arch of Marcus Aurelius
The Gurgi Mosque, just west of the Arch of Marcus Aurelius, was built in the 19th century and was the last mosque built in Tripoli under...
Old French Consulate
The Old French Consulate, not far south of the Arch of Marcus Aurelius, dates from 1630 and is arrayed around a two-storey tiled...
Old British Consulate
The Old British Consulate building, west of the Gurgi Mosque on Shari Hara Kbira, was first constructed in 1744 as a residence for Ahmed...
Lonely Planet review
This last remnant of the ancient Roman city of Oea was completed in AD 163-64. The Arch of Marcus Aurelius stood at the crossroads of the two great Roman roads of the city - the cardo maximus (running north to south) and decumanus (east to west).