Tokyo Morning Tour: Meiji Shrine, Senso-ji Temple and Ginza Shopping District
Tokyo Morning Tour: Meiji Shrine, Senso-ji Temple and Ginza Shopping District information and booking
Tour description provided by Viator
See Tokyo's highlights on a four-hour morning sightseeing tour. A perfect introduction to the first-time visitor, your professional guide will escort you through Meiji Shrine, Imperial Palace East Garden, Asakusa Kannon Temple. You'll also spy colourful Nakamise shopping street and drive through the Ginza district on your morning city tour through Tokyo.
Your morning sightseeing tour includes the following highlights:
- Meiji Shinto shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort.
- Akasaka Palace, now known as the Akasaka Guest House and used as state accommodation for visiting dignitaries
- Driving past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament)
- Strolling through the impressive Imperial Palace East Garden, once the grounds of an old Edo castle, with a tea pavilion, Japanese garden, moats and stone walls. On Mondays, Fridays, and other days when the Imperial Palace East Garden is closed, the tour will visit the Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
- Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), the oldest and most popular Buddhist temple in Tokyo, with the golden image of Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy
- Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful shopping arcade crammed with tiny food and souvenir shops
- Driving through the famous Ginza shopping district, Tokyo's most celebrated shopping and amusement area
Plus you'll receive a free souvenir map of Tokyo!
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
What isn't included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off