Hirosaki-jō information

Hirosaki , Japan
admission ¥300
Opening hours
9am-5pm Apr-Nov
Something wrong?
Submit a correction

At the heart of Hirosaki-kōen lie the ancient remains of this castle, originally constructed in 1611. Rather tragically, only 16 years after it was built, the castle was struck by lightning and burnt to the ground. Two centuries on, one of the corner towers was rebuilt and today it has a small museum housing samurai weaponry.